Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pencil Skirts!

I've noticed at school that an increasing trend is the pencil-skirt-with-tucked-in-shirt look. It can be quite professionally cute.  However, at school, the fashion seems to be to wear uber tight and ridiculously short pencil skirts, which I personally think contradicts the original conservative professional style of the skirt....but that's not my soap-box topic today :) The point is I found some traditional pencil skirts that look flattering to all shapes with just about any type of blouse or sweater without degrading a classic look.
http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/skirts/pencil.jsp

J-Crew can be pretty pricey (according to Esther's pamphlet, my guess is it would be a $$$ though it is well worth it!) however, I'm sure pencil skirts like these can be found at a Ross's or Marshalls or something along those lines. New York and Company - they really should pay me every time I reference them - always has some kind of a pencil skirt or similar knee-length skirt and they tend to be pretty affordable too.

My suggestion, if you are tall and the skirt tends to air on the slightly shorter side (we are talking like just a hair too much above the 'above the knee' zone), then wear a pair of dark, thicker tights and boots so less leg is exposed. And it helps to not cross your legs when sitting...another thing I have become more adamant about after witnessing mini wardrobe-malfunctions in my school...

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment